Friday, March 30, 2012

Public Transport

Yesterday was just a typical day. I had to go to my banking town to pick up some stuff at the post office and use the internet, so I got in the first brousse that passed. Unfortunately, it had seen finer days. Everytime we stopped to pick someone up, the car would stall. And the only way to get it going again was to do a Little Miss Sunshine start. So that was fun. They didn't ask me to help though. After a few stops the driver started to get frustrated so he asked me to hold my foot on the gas while he got out and let people in. My Malagasy was good enough to copilot a bus here! Yay me.

And then the driver said we should get married. When I said my husband was in the States (my usual response when I get marriage requests) he said it didn't matter because that was far away. The other marriage proposal I've gotten included a free vacation....

And then we hit a chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment