Friday, March 30, 2012

If NGOs Did Musicals...

Oh wait, they do. At least in Madagascar.

Last Friday was water day, or so said my friends who work for the water NGO. I went to Vatomandry to help out with water day activities, but when I got there I walked into a planning meeting for the NGO. Not water day. So I hung out for awhile while my friends worked, and I thought that after lunch we would do some water day activities. But the afternoon activities turned into a musical. Seriously. I sat for two hours and watched 30 adult NGO workers sing and dance as a rehersal for some future event.  I couldn't figure out if they were singing about God or about water (it was a Christian NGO) , but their dance moves were great. And it was quite an entertaining afternoon. I never made it to water day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment