Wednesday, October 24, 2012

So this is awkward...



So my photography business in Tsarasambo is booming…everyone wants pictures all the time. Which is interesting to me because right now is the “krizy” which is the time of year when no one has money for food. So people are coming to my door asking for money, followed by people at my door asking for pictures (which they pay for…) I don’t understand. 

My biggest client base is teenage girls who walk by my house on the way to middle school. And they’re nice and friendly and I like talking to them. And I don’t mind taking their picture…But yesterday a group of girls asked if I would go down the street to the rice paddy/watering hole/laundry/bathing spot and take their picture there.  I of course said yes, and we went down the road. And before I could do anything, the girls were standing in their underwear in the watering hole wanting me to take pictures of them. WHAT. OMG. WHAT. I didn’t know what to do so I acted really embarrassed and ran away after making up some excuse about my camera being dead.  So that happened…Now when they come back to ask if my camera is charged, I need an actual explanation for why I don’t want to take those pictures. 

I can only imagine what the talk in town would be…

No comments:

Post a Comment